Supported Operating Systems
We recommend you install the latest service packs for the supported operating systems.
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
- We recommend that you update to the latest security key drivers (if a security key is fitted).
- You may experience problems with the driver supplied by your graphics card manufacturer - check for the latest driver updates on the web site for your card.
- EDGECAM will install and run on the 'home' edition of these operating systems. However this is not recommended and we cannot guarantee to fix any EDGECAM issues specifically related to these operating systems.
- The Sentinel RMS license server runs as a system service on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server up to and including Windows Server 2019. Sentinel RMS network licenses can be installed on virtual servers provided that they are locked to a Computer ID USB key. Standalone (single seat) Sentinel RMS licenses cannot be locked against the Computer ID USB keys for use on a virtual server.
- It is not recommended to have multiple EDGECAM versions installed on the same computer when the user has limited rights or UAC is ON as this may potentially cause problems with Simulator.
- Domain Controllers are not supported for ToolStore Server and EDGECAM due to SQL limitations.
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Vista and Windows 8 are no longer supported by EDGECAM.
- Windows 8 RT is not supported by EDGECAM.
SQL Express 2014 has a memory limit of 1 GB and a Database size limit of 10 GB. Performance issues may arise if the database is near this limit. To avoid these issues, if several job images are required, we recommend that they are not stored in the database. Job images can be extracted from the database using a command line option (tsadmin /ExtractJim) which will extract the job images to the ToolStore support folder, JobImages. Please ensure that the server has enough memory to handle the database, if it is not an Express version.
- Dual core CPU; Quad core recommended.
- 4 GB of RAM.
To make the most of background processing and multi-threading, we recommend 2GB RAM for each processor as a minimum.
Please ensure the latest WHQL certified driver that supports OpenGL 3.3 for the card is installed.
Note: Some older cards in the ranges above may no longer be supported. Please check the relevant supplier to see if an up to date driver is available for your operating system:
Other graphic cards may work, but are unsupported.
- 10 GB free disk space for the EDGECAM installation
- Graphics cards - Driver requires OpenGL 3.3:
- NVIDIA Quadro range
- AMD Fire Pro range
- AMD Fire GL range
- Intel HD range – Iris 540, 5500, 5000, 4400, 4200
- 17" Color monitor (1280 x 1024 screen resolution)
- Mouse including wheel (Intellimouse)
- SpaceMouse/SpaceBall (optional)
- Network card
- Internet Explorer 11 or above
- Internet connection for license activation/updates
- USB port for the EDGECAM security key (unless using keyless licensing)