EDGECAM - Applications Engineer
Production Software has direct offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, France, Japan, USA, Brazil, Netherlands, China, South Korea, Spain and India supplying products to more than 45 countries through its wholly owned subsidiaries and reseller network. Production Software is part of Hexagon (Nordic exchange: HEXA B), a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications
You will provide technical assistance when requested and promote our products and services to create sales opportunities. Utilize technical and industry best practice and experience to help improve productivity and efficiency for all operations. You will use good communication, analytical skills, initiative and flexibility to provide acceptable resolutions to customer support issues.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Display a professional attitude & appearance.
• Ability to organize and structure activities with effective time management.
• Ability to build and maintain customer relationships and expectations.
• Skills and experience in objection handling and presentation.
• Extensive experience in CAM/CNC manufacturing.
• Appropriate Engineering Degree / HND / HNC / BTEC qualification.
• High level of computer competency in current operating systems and Microsoft products.
• Ability to work independently but also contribute to and actively promote a teamwork environment.
• Ability to learn to use new systems and applications as they become available.
• Follow policies and procedures.
• Valid UK driving license.
• The delivery of professional services for Edgecam and associated Hexagon Production Software (HPS) products.
• Provision of high quality, post-sales operational support to end users via our Helpdesk environment and Support Portal using good
communication, analytical skills, initiative and flexibility to provide acceptable resolutions.
• Assist with the support and development of bespoke post processors and the delivery of these to the customer in a timely manner.
• Development and maintenance of Edgecam & associated HPS products support documents and media.
• Utilize the Company CRM system to manage the delivery of support & services.
• Develop strong relationships with all key stakeholders, including Sales & Development, as well as with the Customer base.
• Be proactive in the approach to improving the delivery of services and support and to share these with the Edgecam team where
• Identify sales opportunities and present them to the Sales Team.
• Mentor and assist other team members where identified to improve product knowledge.
• Travel to external locations to perform services primarily in the UK but also overseas.
• Assist with any project specification, implementation or support where required.
• Where necessary undertake any support & services activity requested by your manager.
We would love to hear from you
To apply, please email a covering letter, giving details of your current package, together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org